Balanced Body Barre® Instructor Training
Music driven, functional fun
Balanced Body Barre® is a dynamic, safe and effective Barre workout based on Balanced Body Movement Principles. Barre classes provide a fun, functional, music driven workout shown to improve strength, balance and posture. Barre is a perfect compliment to Pilates training and a great addition to a group exercise program.
Balanced Body Barre® Fundamentals (8 Hours)
Prerequisite: Experience teaching group exercise to music.
Balanced Body Barre combines the high energy, music driven fun of a Barre class with the precision, alignment and emphasis on high quality movement found in Pilates. The Fundamentals course focuses on learning the essential repertoire of Barre exercises and how to put them together using the Balanced Body Programming system to design and deliver successful and effective Barre classes.
Balanced Body Barre® Comprehensive (16 Hours)
Prerequisite: A passion for teaching, and a desire to learn.
The Comprehensive instructor training is the ideal compliment to a Pilates or personal training practice adding energy, new clientele and functional fitness training to a studio, fitness center or clinic. The Balanced Body Barre Comprehensive program provides instructors with everything they need to teach a variety of 30 – 60 minute classes. The Comprehensive course introduces the Balanced Body Movement Principles and delves deeper into the art of teaching groups and the how–tos of teaching to music. Practical teaching drills include cueing, correcting movement and class design to help you teach Balanced Body Barre confidently by the end of the weekend.
- Exercise instruction in the fundamental Barre exercises.
- A detailed, full color manual with video support.
- Successful class design and delivery based on the Movement Principles and Balanced Body Programming System.
- Using music to provide motivation, excitement and joy.
- Teaching cueing for smooth transitions, proper alignment, and inspiration.
- Teaching instructors how to apply the Balanced Body Movement Principles to create classes that are effective and fun while still being safe.
- Using inspirational, passionate teaching to keep classes full and clients coming back for more.
Becoming a Fully Qualified Balanced Body Barre Instructor
- Complete course (Fundamentals or Comprehensive)
- Personal practice hours
- 30 hours personal practice (Fundamentals)
- 20 hours personal practice (Comprehensive)
- Student Teaching Hours
- 30 hours student teaching – (Fundamentals)
- 28 hours student teaching – (Comprehensive)
- Final practical exam
Find A Course Near You: Visit our Education Finder® for current classes at Balanced Body Authorized Training Centers and conferences including Pilates on Tour. Or contact us to bring a class to your location!
Continuing Education Credits Offered By:
- Pilates Method Alliance (PMA)
- American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- Aerobic and Fitness Association of America (AFFA)